Perfect for smothering in icing and sprinkles, this simple Mickey Mouse biscuit recipe makes whipping up a batch quick and easy! Adding a few drops of food colouring to the dough gives these biscuits a little twist.
Who doesn’t like a biscuit with their cuppa…anyone? Even better when a tasty treat can be turned into a fun Disney activity too! You can either stir by hand or use a mixer – both work well. The simplicity of this vanilla biscuit recipe makes it ideal for baking with children, and the dough holds its shape well to create perfect Mickey Mouse biscuits.
Decorating the biscuits is an activity in itself. Although, we’re not quite sure we’ve ever managed to recreate the artisan magic of Main Street Bakery!
- Greaseproof paper
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Mickey shaped cookie cutter
- Cooling wrack
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g softened butter (Stork works perfectly – that’s what we use!)
- 175g sieved plain flour
- food colouring (if required)
- Sprinkles and icing to decorate (or for extra tastiness try coloured melted white chocolate – it works a treat)
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set the oven to 180°
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Gently stir in the flour until combined to create a fairly stiff dough. Roll up your sleeves and get stuck in with your hands to form a ball of dough (you can always add a drop of water if it becomes too firm).
- Separate the dough into two or three sections and add a few drops of food colouring to each. Gently knead to spread the colour evenly through each ball, being careful not to over work.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut out shapes of around 0.5cm deep using your cookie cutter. We find a simple Mickey Mouse cutter to work best.
- Pop onto your prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before decorating.
We love whipping up a batch of these Mickey Mouse biscuits for a weekend treat. However, our kids are sure that the best part of all is eating the biscuits and they are happy with these plain or smothered!